Requires the Department of Commerce to:
- Enter into a contact for the development of a regional assessment of the child care industry in order to better understand issues affecting child care access and affordability for families
- Select a third-party entity to conduct the industry assessment
Furthermore, HB 1142 requires the assessment to include data on:
- Number of children 12 and under who are receiving care from child care and early learning providers
- Definitions and descriptions of the informal child care market
- Family child care choices by family income bracket
- Visual representations of child care supply and demand by region.
1142 requires the assessment to be submitted by July 1, 2020.