We are proud that Partners for Our Children's Policy Director, Laurie Lippold was named in Crosscut's "5 grownup heroes of foster care". We, too, are very proud of her contributions and commitment to improving outcomes for vulnerable children and families in Washington State.
We also want to congratulate the other individuals named, including Casey Trupin, Jim Theofelis, Representative Mary Helen Roberts and Representative Ruth Kagi. To all of you, we are thankful for your dedication to this important issue over the years.
There is still a lot of work ahead. In 2014, Partners for Our Children will be focusing on five policy objectives, including:
- Expanding access to effective parenting programs for child welfare involved families
- Encouraging best practice decision making
- Improving outcomes by assigning dependent children/youth an attorney
- Addressing primary factors related to child welfare involvement
- Implementing current child welfare reform efforts
We look forward to working with partners on these important issues in the New Year!